Business improvement consultants bring with them a vast background in experience from dealing with many businesses. While every business is unique, there’s not many problems we see that are unique, so we can recognise patterns and will already have a wealth of ideas and resources for dealing with specific issues. It’s our job to compliment your planning and business skills and support you in creating a better business through the success of a business strategy.
And for those of you with genuinely unique issues, our strong suit is unpacking the issues, breaking them down into smaller parts, and helping you deal with each of the parts until a solution is reached.
Here are my top 5 ways a business consultant can support your business:
- Get them to check out your business processes – an outsider’s point of view can reveal some pretty interesting insights.
- Get them to look at the software you’re using.
- Get them to work with you on setting goals and a plan for you and your business for the next 12 months to 2 years (or more if you’re game!).
- Coaching and mentoring –using them as a sounding board to give honest advice on proposed strategic direction, being a source of ideas and ensuring your aware of any associated risks.
- Get them to enable you to monitor success – designing management reports highlighting key performance results and indicators that are relevant for the current strategy.
In a more complex way, what we do looks like this:
But support is vital to the success of any business, and so we focus on collaborating with business owners and their teams, with engagement and accountability underpinning our approach.
We work together to strengthen the business foundation elements and build a framework to create the ability to act on business growth opportunities, including the streamlining of processes, development of ideas or digital transformation.
A business improvement consultant can help out no matter what phase the business is currently at – anything from starting up to revitalisation.
I would love to talk to you about how I could help your business. Email me at email@example.com or call for a chat on 0413 463 275.